We were at my grandparents’ house for Easter today, and my brother brought along the Nintendo Wii for our cousins to play
Only he forgot the sensor bar :T the thing that makes the wii-motes work and junk
Then he remembered this crazy myth he heard basically said if you light two candles, they act as a sensor bar.
I DON’T KNOW HOW
BUT IT TURNS OUT IT FUCKING WORKS.
So if you ever lose or break the sensor bar, and don’t mind your TV looking like an offering to Satan, I recommend candles :I
I’ll remember that for the next time my sensor bar stuffs up…
This also works with flashlights, in case you don’t have any candles handy. c:
The “sensor” bar doesn’t actually have any sensors. The sensors are in the Wii-mote. The sensor bar is actually just a line of infrared LEDs that an IR camera in the Wii-mote can see, which means you can substitute other IR sources, like candles and flashlights.
Science, hail Satan.
This is in my Economics textbook
This is fucked up
if you couldn’t SEE how fucked up this is, let me put this into even more perspective for you.
a male with no high school education still makes more than a female with 9th-12th grade education (no diploma).
a male who is a high school graduate still makes more than a female with an associate’s degree.
a male with a bachelor’s degree only makes about ~$2000 less than a female with a fucking doctorate’s degree.
tell me again why feminism isn’t important.
I am personally offended to the highest degree
"The wage gap doesn’t really exist." Fucking yeah right.
Chris Evans and Stan Lee on the set of The Avengers
#this makes me really sad #because if you ignore the wiring and all the cameras and such #it looks like steve was just at that cafe #and he just happened to encounter one of his old friends from before #and at first he doesn’t recognize him because the man is short and wrinkled and old #but then he looks into his eyes #and they’re a little more worn and a little more sad #but he knows those eyes #and he remembers the laughter that used to play in those eyes #and when the man recognizes him #at first it’s awkward and uncomfortable #because how do you tell what would be an old friend that you’re just like you were when he last saw you #seventy years ago #but then he just gives you this small grin #and he’s got that same laughter in his eyes #and he says ‘long time no see huh rogers’ #and then for just a couple of minutes they’re laughing and talking as if nothing ever happened #as if seventy years hadn’t happened #and in the back of his head steve knows that it’s not the same and that it should be weird #but just for a few minutes#he lets himself forget #lets himself pretend #and just for a few minutes #the future isn’t so bad
“25 things i wish i realized while i was still in highschool”—
- That zit on your cheek literally does not matter
- Skipping class one time will not ruin your entire life
- The boy you’re trying so hard to impress will mean nothing to you in a year
- Bring coffee to school and ignore people who make fun of it
- Bring a snack, too. Don’t care if people hear you eating in class.
- Being popular isn’t and will never be something that seriously defines who you are
- Appreciate your teachers
- Doing/not doing drugs doesn’t make you cooler than anyone else.
- Neither does drinking
- Talk to the kid sitting alone; even though it may not change your life it could drastically change theirs
- Participate in school events
- Wear sweatpants everyday
- Or wear a dress everyday
- Wear whatever makes you comfortable
- Nobody will laugh at you if you sit alone at your lunch table for five minutes
- Utilize the library
- Don’t wait 20 minutes to text someone back just to seem cool
- Tell your friends how much you love them
- Cherish your free textbooks… seriously
- Help confused freshmen, be nice to them. Remember how much you would have appreciated it a couple years ago
- Compliment the other girls in the bathroom
- That fight you had with your mom really isn’t that big of a deal
- It’s okay to cry
- Don’t let your desire for a romantic relationship stop you from forming platonic relationships
- Remember that life does go on
Perfect post for the 50th
imagine how much david was fangirling during this scene
that’s his father in law
I imagine that some nights he wakes up with a huge smile on his face and just calls out “I MET THE DOCTOR!” and his wife turns over in bed half asleep and is just like, “you are the doctor now shush up and go to sleep.”
but the best part is that his wife is this doctor’s daughter
Tennant is literally living the Whovian dream. He was a fan, then became the Doctor, then married and is now related to a Doctor.
Do you think sometimes at family gatherings he looks other at Peter and giggles because his favourite doctor is his father in law.
why Castiel had a beard in Purgatory and Dean did not
“Well, it’s because he’s an angel, and all of his badass angel powers were congregating into his hair follicles because of the intense pressure of the atmosphere in Purgatory,”
”The answer I got from the writers was ‘Dean has knives,’”
I’m just going to stop and appreciate the fact that Jensen asked.